When you access the Services, you are doing so in a business capacity as a representative of your company, and your interactions with the Client Site are governed by our relationship agreement with your company.
Information We Collect From and About You
“Personal Information” means any information from or about a person that either identifies that person directly or that makes that person identifiable when it is combined with other information from or about that person from any source. Personal Information stops being personal information when it has been aggregated, deidentified, or otherwise anonymized sufficiently that the individual is no longer identified or identifiable using reasonable efforts, resources, and technology. “Sensitive Personal Information” is Personal Information that reveals racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership; genetic and biometric data if used for identification purposes; data about health, sex life, or sexual orientation; and data about criminal convictions or offenses.
When you use our Services, we may collect and use Personal Information about you, as well as other information.
More specifically, when you use our Services, we may collect the following information:
- We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “gifs,” “pixel tags” and “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon.
- Information that you provide directly to us by filling in forms on our Services, including your name, email address, or other information. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to delete or suspend your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a certain period of time.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason, including information you provide in emails you send us, or submissions you may make to our contact form.
Information that You Provide to Us Voluntarily
Information that We Collect Automatically When You Visit Our Website
A “cookie” is a small computer file that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Keep in mind, however, that some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
“Do Not Track” Requests
LeakSignal’s Services currently do not respond to “do not track” or similar signals.
Use of Your Information
We use the information we collect from you primarily to enable us to provide our Services to you in the best possible manner. In addition, your information may be used for the following purposes:
- To provide you, including via your email address, with information relating to our Services;
- To administer our Services, including by monitoring and analyzing our Services traffic and usage patterns.
Why We Collect Information From and About You
LeakSignal does not collect, use, share, or disclose your personal information for anything other than the following lawful purposes:
To establish and maintain contractual relationships with our clients
- To establish relationships with new clients
- To fulfill our obligations to current clients
- To contact clients regarding account-related issues and business communications, including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages
- To enable individuals to access and use our Services
To comply with our legal obligations:
- To demonstrate compliance with applicable privacy and data security law
- To comply with incident monitoring, reporting, assessment, and notification requirements
- To comply with other applicable criminal and civil law and regulatory requirements under federal, state, and international law
To provide services and information that you request and consent to receive:
- To provide customer service and support
- To communicate with you, including responding to your comments, questions, and requests
- To process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices
- To provide direct marketing, email, and other distributed information distribution
To fulfill our other legitimate interests to the extent that they are not overridden by individual interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms:
- To administer, operate, maintain, and secure our Website(s)
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Websites and to conduct our business activities
- To investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to our Website(s), and other illegal activities
- To verify compliance with our internal policies and procedures
- For accounting, recordkeeping, backup, and administrative purposes
- To customize and improve the content of our communications and Website(s),
- To provide information and education
- To provide, operate, maintain, improve, personalize, and promote our business activities
- To develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- To market our products and services (first-party marketing only; we do not provide personal information to third parties for use in marketing any non-LeakSignal goods or services)
We use physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our Services. These procedures include, but are not limited to, firewalls, encryption, intrusion detection, and Services monitoring. We also limit access to any Personal Information we receive to employees who need access to that information in order to do their jobs. However, no data protection procedures are entirely infallible. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that it will be 100% secure. Your transmission of your data to our Services thus is done entirely at your own risk.
Sharing Your Information
We may share your personal information as follows:
- Assist us in providing our products and services to you, including by acting on our behalf to fulfil orders, deliver packages, send postal mail and email, remove repetitive information from customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, process credit card payments, and provide customer assistance;
- Compile statistics and reports regarding our audience and the users of our Services.
Such third parties have access to personal information as needed to perform their functions, but they are not allowed to use it for other purposes. We do not sell or rent personal information collected through the Services to anyone.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party, or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to:
- comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal process (such as a subpoena), or enforceable government request;
- protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of LeakSignal, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
Your Control Over Information that We Collect from and About You
- You may decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide you with some of the features and functionality of our Site or fulfill your requests.
- You may decline to accept certain cookies, but that decision may affect the functionality and performance of our Site.
- You may update or correct your personal information at any time by accessing the account settings page on the Site.
- You may opt out of receiving LeakSignal promotional communications by using the unsubscribe link within each email. Note that, as long as you maintain an account with us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Services.
- You may request information about, and access to, the personal data that we collect from you.
- You may ask questions or make complaints about our privacy and data security practices with regard to your personal data.
- You may request that we delete information that we have collected about you.
- You may ask us for a copy of the information that we collected from you.
To exercise any of these options or for additional information about our privacy and data security practices, contact us at email@example.com
Third Party Websites
LeakSignal’s Services may contain links to other sites, including those of third parties or business partners. While we seek to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices other websites use. By accessing other third party websites or applications through our Services, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. It is possible that other parties may collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use LeakSignal’s Services.
LeakSignal’s Services are hosted and operated in the United States (“US”) and elsewhere in the world. By using the Services, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to the US. If you are accessing the Services from outside the US, please be advised that US law may not offer the same privacy protections are the law of your jurisdiction.
California Privacy Rights
California law allows California residents to ask companies with whom they have an established business relationship to provide certain information about the companies’ sharing of personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. LeakSignal does not share any California consumer personal information with third parties for marketing purposes without consent. California customers who wish to request further information about our compliance with this law or have questions or concerns about our privacy practices may contact us using the contact information set forth below.
Transfers of Personal Information from Other Countries
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our Services are designed and intended for those who are at least 18 years old. By using our Services, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age. No one under age 18 is authorized to submit any information, including Personal Information, on our Services. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 18 use our Services. Parents or legal guardians of children under 18 cannot agree to these terms on their behalf.